Thanksgiving 2005 outside of the Bush vacation ranch near Crawford, Texas with Cindy Sheehan.
Daily reports and photos to come . . .

 

Saturday, August 13, 2005

 

On the Ground in Crawford

I posted my first update on Joe Trippi's site, before I setup this page, where I hope to post as frequently as possible -- along with others who are here with me. Here's my first update:

Many thanks to Joe for letting me post updates from Crawford. This is a great opportunity for all of us as Americans and I hope people hear the roar that is building in southeast Texas.

In the last 24 hours over 600 people have arrived at #43’s vacation retreat. The Crawford Peace House is a buzz with volunteers, organizers, veterans, republicans, democrats, greens and everyone in between. During the night, exhausted activists crowd the floor as the tiny air conditioner pumps out what little cool air it can. During the day signs are perpetually being made, banners painted and buttons and schedules passed around. The sign in sheet at the front door resembles a rough draft of a thesis paper as pages are tacked together for new arrivals. And there is a line forming behind it.

People are pouring in from San Diego to Boston, Portland to Miami and everywhere in between. A guy just rolled in from Argentina ready to give us the shirt off his back. Its hot. Its humid. But the enthusasim and energy are rampant.

I’ve talked to several Iraq War veterans and they have some stories that must be told. Bush continually says that we, the American people, have the right to speak out. We also have the right to be heard. We’re doing both. Stay tuned to hear from them and get the latest of whats going on from the ground in Crawford.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?