Thanksgiving 2005 outside of the Bush vacation ranch near Crawford, Texas with Cindy Sheehan.
Daily reports and photos to come . . .

 

Sunday, August 14, 2005

 

Water Everywhere

One of the more difficult challenges about organizing an event like this in southeastern Texas is the weather. I don't know how else to say this: it's freakin hot. I stepped out of the car this morning at the Crawford Peace House and for the first time in my life I really felt as if I had stepped into a 300-degree oven. Shade is your friend out here and the intense summer thunderstorms that rip through now and again keep things relatively cool afterwards.

So...we're all drinking copious amounts of water. I don't think I've ever seen so much bottled water around an demonstration such as this. Everywhere you look there are flats of water, Gatorade, soda and more water. Most folks have holsters in order to carry more than one bottle of water at a time. The key here is this: activists themselves are bringing in the water, paying for the extra water, and going out to get more when a thirsty mouth arrives from the latest action. Tim Goodrich, one of the Iraqi vets against the war, usually is seen with his army-issued Camelbak. If you're on your way out here...bring a water bottle.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?